Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Next Great Meal

We spend a lot of a time eating.

OK, OK, I spend a lot of time eating.

But take into consideration all the meals we go through during the day - Breakfast, morning coffee break, lunch, merienda, dinner, dessert (yes, that can be a meal in itself), midnight snacks (don't deny it) - All told, we probably spend 2 hours a day just eating.

Eat to live, live to eat. This blog is more about the latter than the former. It's all about the search for the next great meal.

I've always wanted to keep a diary about the restaurants I've been to where I could rate the food so I'd be able to remember what to order (and what not to order) if I ever came back. She suggested I go even further and make a blog so I could share it with my fellow "foodies" out there.

Just a quick word about me and my eating habits - I'm an attorney, 35 years old and work in the Ortigas Center area. I've been on the South Beach diet (more-or-less) for over a year now, which suits me well, since I'm a bit of a carnivore at heart.

I am greatly influenced by the books of Peter Mayle and Anthony Bourdain, who bring writing about food firmly in the mainstream. More about these two later.

You are more than welcome to write in with comments, clarifications and suggestions. The more blame I can spread around, the better!

1 comment:

Junarakasa said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, Stan! Apple mentioned your blog in hers, which led me here. I look forward to your foodie posts. Am a foodie at heart myself, so I know I'll definitely be able to relate. Happy posting!

Powered By Blogger